JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- ability to work within a team
- commercial acumen and sound business sense
- ability to prioritise, multi-task and work together
- ability to make appropriate decisions in a responsible and timely manner
- ability to interpret and analyse sales figures
- verbal and written communication skills
- willingness to step into any retail sales position in the convenience store if the need arises
- good knowledge and understanding of the sales through the forecourt and shop
- good people skills with staff, customers and suppliers
- organisational skills for rotas, working within Spar plan-o-grams, ordering, deliveries, storage, stocking shelves etc
- Offer on-the-job training and coaching to junior sales assistants and motivate and develop our team including setting objectives & strategies.
- In consultation with management from time to time as agreed and appropriate run special offers, customer loyalty schemes and similar.
- Inspect equipment regularly to ensure it is in good working order and safe to use
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships within the team and maintain them over time, encouraging mutual trust, respect and co-operation. Assist and care for co-workers, customers and suppliers.
- Develop, design and create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions, to build and improve the business.
Training & development:
Recommend to management any training courses you believe would enhance the performance of your team. Attendance on training courses may be required.
Customers are the first priority. Only issues of safety, including food safety, and security override this.