OUTDOOR OPERATIVE JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary: Routine cleaning, checks, refills, recycling, stacking of goods and simple maintenance in the forecourt and jet wash areas.
This job would suit an active person who enjoys working outdoors. A meticulous approach to tidiness and accurate maintenance would be required. This is a job for a reliable person, happy to work in all weathers.
- Use of hand and power tools
- Language skills to comprehend and to deliver instructions
- Reasoning ability to apply common sense and the understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and to deal with problems.
- Physical fitness level to successfully perform the essential functions of this job including: walk; use hands ; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. To frequently lift and/or move weighty items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision and depth perception.
- helpful and supportive attitude to customers and colleagues
- ability to project a smart, efficient image to the public
- reliability, honesty and willingness to take responsibility
- willingness to work flexibly as part of a team
- ability to work unsupervised and take initiative in challenging situations
- awareness of health, safety and security issues
- To go through the daily checklist for the cleaning of the forecourt and jet wash areas
- Daily basic maintenance of areas as requested by the Store Manager or listed; and reporting if service providers are required
- Waste disposal and recycling maintenance including sorting bins and dealing with contractors
- Respond to emergency cleaning & maintenance requests as required.
- Performing outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- Supervisory responsibilities eg: may exercise some supervision over utility engineers or other outside contractors/services
Training & development:
Once you start work, you will receive on-the-job training where appropriate and further training may be offered.
Priorities: Customers are the first priority. Only issues of safety and security override this.