JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
A member of the maintenance team performs routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures on buildings, mechanical equipment and utility systems where appropriate.
- Use of hand and power tools
- Language skills to comprehend and to deliver instructions
- Mathematical skills and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and plans
- Reasoning ability to apply common sense and the understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions and to deal with problems.
- Physical fitness level to successfully perform the essential functions of this job including: walk; use hands ; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. To frequently lift and/or move weighty items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision and depth perception.
- helpful and supportive attitude to customers and colleagues
- ability to project a smart, efficient image to the public
- reliability, honesty and willingness to take responsibility
- willingness to work flexibly as part of a team
- ability to work unsupervised and take initiative in challenging situations
- awareness of health, safety and security issues
- Preventive maintenance procedures on buildings and mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; repair or replace broken parts.
- Daily basic maintenance of car washes and jet washes and escalation to service provider as required
- Waste disposal and recycling maintenance including sorting bins and dealing with contractors
- Maintenance as required on site by the Store Manager or Managing Director
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Performing outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- Supervisory responsibilities eg: may exercise some supervision over utility engineers or other outside contractors/services
Training & development:
Once you start work, you will receive on-the-job training where appropriate and further training may be offered.
Customers are the first priority. Only issues of safety and security override this.