JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Preparation, display, packaging and sale of meat to consumer and commercial customers, under the guidance of the Senior Butchers. Assistance on the shop floor is required in the event of the general running of the convenience store being a priority.
General retail skills:
- enthusiasm for retail sales and strong commitment to customer service
- helpful and supportive attitude to customers and colleagues
- ability to project a smart, efficient image to the public
- reliability, honesty and willingness to take responsibility
- numeracy, including the ability to handle cash accurately and swiftly
- willingness to work flexibly as part of a team
- ability to work unsupervised and take initiative in challenging situations
- awareness of health, safety and security issues
- growing knowledge and understanding of the selection, preparation, display packaging and sale of meat to consumer and commercial customers.
- Receive, inspect, record and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality/ safety
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers
- Add up sales, and on occasion, collect money from customers.
- Ensure that all food hygiene and safety standards are met and keep up to date with industry standards
- Inspect equipment regularly to ensure it is in good working order and safe to use
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with the butchery team and the larger Parkfoot team and maintain them over time, encouraging mutual trust, respect and co-operation. Assist and care for co-workers, customers and suppliers.
Training & development:
Attendance on training courses may be required.
Customers are the first priority. Only issues of safety, including food safety, and security override this.