JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
A Cleaner is responsible for keeping the premises clean, safe and attractive for customers, colleagues and suppliers. This involves routine cleaning of floors, shelves, surfaces, toilets, offices, windows, equipments.
- commitment to thorough daily cleaning of the premises and pride in the results
- enthusiasm for retail sales and strong commitment to customer service
- helpful and supportive attitude to customers and colleagues
- ability to project a smart, efficient image to the public
- reliability, honesty and willingness to take responsibility
- willingness to work flexibly as part of a team
- ability to work unsupervised and take initiative in challenging situations
- awareness of health, safety and security issues
- Preventive maintenance procedures on buildings and mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; repair or replace broken parts.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal as required.
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- Supervisory responsibilities may exercise some supervision over utility engineers
Training & development:
Once you start work, you will receive on-the-job training where appropriate and further training may be offered.
Customers are the first priority. Only issues of safety and security override this.