JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
Working in the in-store butchery, including selection, preparation, display packaging and sale of meat to consumer and commercial customers.
General retail skills:
- enthusiasm for retail sales and strong commitment to customer service
- helpful and supportive attitude to customers and colleagues
- ability to project a smart, efficient image to the public
- reliability, honesty and willingness to take responsibility
- numeracy, including the ability to handle cash accurately and swiftly
- willingness to work flexibly as part of a team
- ability to work unsupervised and take initiative in challenging situations
- awareness of health, safety and security issues
- good knowledge and understanding of the selection, preparation, display packaging and sale of meat to consumer and commercial customers.
- Estimate requirements and order meat supplies, negotiate with representatives from supply companies to determine order details.
- Receive, inspect, record and store meat upon delivery, to ensure meat quality and safety
- Wrap, weigh, label and price cuts of meat
- Prepare and place meat cuts and products in display counter, so they will appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers
- Offer on-the-job training and coaching to junior butchers and work to meet objectives & strategies.
- Total sales, and on occasion, collect money from customers.
- Ensure that all food hygiene and safety standards are met and keep up to date with industry standards
- Inspect equipment regularly to ensure it is in good working order and safe to use
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with your team and the larger Parkfoot team and maintain them over time, encouraging mutual trust, respect and co-operation. Assist and care for co-workers, customers and suppliers.
- Develop, design and create new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions, to build and improve the business.
Training & development:
Recommend to management any training courses you believe would enhance the performance of your team.
Customers are the first priority. Only issues of safety, including food safety, and security override this.